Thursday, May 08, 2008

Of cooking and damn black hotdogs

That day my husband was cooking instant noodles and pan frying some hot dogs for dinner. I didn't want dinner as I was not feeling hungry.

Then came the nice smell of hot dogs frying on the pan. Somehow the smell became a bit like charred... So I went to the kitchen to see what happened. Before I reached the kitchen my husband went "Ling!! Come!!" And I appeared asking him whether the hot dogs were charred.

Turned out not only were the hot dogs over cooked, they now looked like some black discs on an oily frying pan ... erm "So you just put them on the pan and on the biggest flame?" and he said "yeah"

So we had to open all the windows and the main door as well as switch on the fans at the highest speed to let all the smoke out.

;D

4 comments:

Andrew Tan said...

Well that happen to me as well as a husband too. But now I cook much better than my wife.

Give your husband more time to train :)

Themuxicbox said...

Haha! I would love to let him train! But he would only cook pasta or instant noodles for me ;D I think he's cute like that

Anonymous said...

I will only eat hotdogs if they are burned, but that sounds like a bit much even for my tastes. At least he tried to fend for himself.

Ferd said...

This is a classic man trick. He did that so you never ask him to cook for you. Verrrry smart!!! ; )