Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Magic is still there

Been hearing alot recently... of breakups and divorces. It gets me depressed and stressed out hearing people talk about such things. Especially when they mention it without thinking it through.

How do I know they are not thinking enough? People telling me that they are thinking of getting a divorce. However, when I ask them why, very few of them can give me a clear answer. At most they can squeeze a "don't know, no sparkle.... I guess"

Sparkles!

I would just like to ask them. What made them decide to get married in the first place? Is it the sparkle that happened at that time and space? Or is it the willingness to commit to each other for life?

I don't know about you reading this post here. For me its both.

Alot of people actually didn't think good of us when we first got together. Very different in personalities and characteristics. Different background. I'm needing in TLC while he is a wild monkey. ;D (I hope he doesn't read this)

However, even though we have been together for 6++ years, the magic (oh well sparkles) is still there. You may say: "You both just married what! Wait till you married for 6++ yrs then you say.."

Yes but what I am trying to bring across is that: "Time does not matter until we are both white-haired"

Its the effort and willingness put in that matters.

Why are there pple staying married, lovey and dovey for what? 20yrs? Why?? (and its not because they are born to produce sparkles)

Its because they know how to keep their marriage alive and erm... sparkling? (hehe)

There was once I read in this article. It says that most of the time, relationships broke up because people are self-centered. Whatever they did, is for their own good. Hence when they do certain things like flirt, have affairs, spend money etc they think of themselves as the first priority. Imagine if everyone think of their partner's feelings before they do anything rushed.

Things will get way way better.

You cannot expect people to stay the same and loving throughout 8 years of marriage. You cannot expect people to change to suit your character just because you say so. You cannot expect people to change for you just because you lusted for the oh-so-manly-and-suave Hong Kong actor!

Do something! Book a hotel room in hawaii (or Sentosa if you are on
budget) and get ur ass into a slinky nightgown for some sparkles! (and
maybe some drooling)


Shower/bath *wink* together~ (Buy her favourite shower gel)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Get surprises for each other, don't wait until xmas/anniversary/birthdays!

Keep yourself energetic/confident/good looking and don't blinge on Mac
everyday just because you are married. Nobody say physical attraction does not
pay a part in maintaining a relationship.




However, whatever you do, remember marriage is not just about you you you!
Its about both of you. Just like 1 hand cannot clap (unless u slap it against something) both of you need to put in the effort.

I cannot say my marriage is perfect or we both love each other to bits till forever and ever. I dare not say something like that.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

However, at least I understand the implications of getting married and I understand that marriage is not the full stop. (Its not the start too)

Its the comma of the sentence as it still needs to be continued until something is made out of it. Whether there is a meaning to the sentence depends on the writer and the reader.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!
you got me thinking there!!

hmm.....having known my hubby for so many years (coming to 12 years), i would think that we are stuck to each other because we are the only one who can bear with each other's nasty habit and temper!

or simply, we love each other too much?

Anonymous said...

Great post
I believe communication between the couples goes off before the sparkle diminishes. So, its important to have good understanding of each other and talk to each other instead of allowing the problem to escalate.