Thursday, December 06, 2007

Of how we met and the likes

well... was reading through my past posts and just realised that the life of this blog started since he started proposing (well actually back dated but aw... never mind)

However, our Bliss did not start from 21st Oct 2006. In fact, it started way back...

How did we meet each other? We are so different.... Well, this I have to thank NTU Hall 8 aka the SDU of Singapore... keke NTU is going to flame me for that ...

Its going to be a long story and kind of confusing .. bear with me ya?

I actually thought I met him (HR) in the 歌谣group of Hall 8 ... he being my guitarist and we were hired by some people in China Sq to perform (together with Shuwen) that was in 2001 during my first year 2nd semester in Uni.

However, I heard later (after we got together) that we actually met way before (well not that long.... just for effects kee kee)

Timeline:

2000 :
first semester of sch .. Joined Hall 8 and after the totally shacked Orientation Programme termed F.O.C. I joined the Block Rep (Representatives) as my first ECA.

That marked the beginning of us.
As a blk rep, we have to go door to door to introduce ourselves. As we will be in charge of the blk's welfare from then on. The last door we went to, was HR's. Since everyone (except for me) knew him, they chatted longer at his door while I walk around .... hum to my self, play with his clothesline, play with 小花 (hall cat)... subsequently, I forgot I met him.... but he did not ;)

It was during the first blk supper that we blk reps organized that I met HR. At first I tot he's a senior. (He looks very chao4老 you can't blame me for mistaking) A group of us stood in a circle after the supper, chatting ... while a senior/photographer came over to take our photos. HR requested taking a photo of both of us ... I was like feeling quite strange but tot WTH, he is just another friendly senior ..

Proceeded to forget about the photo taken and I never saw the photo again till like 1 year later. And I promptly, forgot about him ... keke I guess I started growing old at that time.


Still 2000
Joined the CAC as my main ECA though after that I found I din quite like it so I never took part in their activities except for one .... 午餐音乐会... where I have to perform live at Canteen B. I still remembered I sang 心动by 林晓培. Practices with guitarist at CAC was not enough so I asked one of the seniors in Hall whether they can help mi practice and HR was there... helping with the guitar...

and erm ... A few days later, I forgot that he was there .... (yes again..... no~~~~ dun hit me!)


Still 2000 (late)
Joined the DND committee and was supposed to come up with a programme to canvass for $$ as the budget given was of cos not enough (hell its only enough to hold event in the Hall) we came up with this 弦歌记忆... where hall mates will dedicate songs for other hall mates and we will sing (live) to them. Complete with gifts of roses/bears/giftboxes. Who to sing? Of cos its me... and who to play the guitar? Of cos its HR ...

In addition to the 歌谣 event mention above, chances to see each other increases. (At this point I thought I got to know HR the first time ... but actually its not the first)

Started chatting with him on ICQ (yes that time MSN wasn't that widely used) and sms.


2001
Being a slow person, I didn't realise there was anything wrong with us... until kaypoh seniors (yes Roger.. thats U) keep asking us whether there are anything going on between us. Of cos they will ask, since we cook noodles for each other, he always seem to need to stock up at Jurong Point when I need to go home (he will ask whether want to take bus out from hall together keke) meeting up for dinner, showing up at events together and going to charity concerts.

Until finally the rumours are flying like dog's fur ... (erm .. )


I asked him .. On a Tuesday (27th Feb 2001) just after I finish my guitar lesson I saw an sms from him:

Him: (sms) When are you coming back to Hall Miss Piggy? (his nickname for me and this is the kind of sms he kept sending me ;P)

Me: (sms) Should be going back home. Not going hall today. Why lei?

Him: (sms) Nothing much, just asking

Me: (sms) so what about the rumours going on? Did Roger ask u anything?
(he didn't reply me for sometime)

Him: (sms) I want to ask you whether you will be my gf.
(I didn't reply him for some time partly cos I was thinking how come he use sms to ask me and partly becos the KFC ice cream cone is melting in my hands)

Me: (sms) OK. I will

and thats it. Keke

3 comments:

DK said...

Wow... so sweet. :D

Themuxicbox said...

hi DK~~

Thanks! ;D

Anonymous said...

AWWW that's so cute! Shame it took you guys so long XD